In this post, we will reveal all the steps for performing the Netgear new extender setup using the Netgear Genie web user interface.
Installation of Netgear EX2700 Smart Wireless Range Extender:
- First of all, make sure that your main WiFi router and Netgear range extender is placed within reach of each other.
- On the other hand, you also have to confirm whether you have access to a live and active internet connection coming out of the main WiFi router or not.
- Ensure that your main device is placed within the reach of the existing modem and both the devices must carry the latest and updated version of the firmware.
- Once you are completely sure about all the aforementioned things, plug your range extender into a working electrical outlet. Wait for a couple of minutes for the LED lights on your Netgear Ex2700 range extender to become stable.
Note: If the light on your device does not turn on, then press the On/Off (power) button on the side panel of your Netgear range extender.
- Connect a computer or laptop and visit www.mywifiext.net.
- For a wired connection, you have to connect an Ethernet cable on the LAN port of your Netgear range extender. The LAN port LED should flash.
- For a wireless connection, you have to look for the wireless network name (SSID) i.e. NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once you are connected, the ‘Device Link LED’ should turn to solid green.
- After that, pull up a web browser. By doing this, you will be automatically redirected to Netgear Genie home page.
Note: If you cannot see Netgear Genie when you open a browser, then we advise you to type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 (default IP address of Netgear EX2700 range extender) to get landed to www.mywifiext.net smart wizard.
Netgear Genie Login Instructions
Now, you need to fill default the username and password. Fill them and proceed further.
- Here, you have to click on ‘continue’ to run the setup process.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for Netgear Genie to scan your WiFi network. It will display the list of available and active networks that are within the range of your range extender. Select your preferred network and click on ‘continue’.
- Now, what you are going to do is to type in the security key (password) of your main WiFi network and click on ‘continue’.
Note: You can customize the SSID (network name) and passphrase (password) to your own preference. Here, we would like to recommend – do not keep the login details i.e. username and password as default. Change them soon after setup Netgear WiFi extender process.
- Click ‘OK’ > ‘Continue’ once done.
- Finally, you will be informed that the wireless settings for your Netgear wireless range extender have been changed successfully. Now, try to connect to your existing WiFi network prior to clicking on ‘continue’.
- Once you have connected your smart wireless devices to the new extended network, click ‘Finish’ to complete the installation process.
Now, you can move the range extender to your preferred location. Try to place it within the reach of your main WiFi router and the client devices.
If you still have questions on how to set up a Netgear WiFi extender, then you are free to dial our toll-free number 1-844-726-2255. We will be happy to assist you.