Netgear Ex6150 Extender Setup Support
Power up your existing Wifi connectivity and make it reach every part of your home.Swich to Netgear EX6150 Extender. Netgear EX6150 Extender boosts up the range of your wifi and delivering upto 1200 Mbps. It is compatible with any standard router preferably wifi Router1.It is usually suitable for large homes thus providing buffering free High definition Videos experience.
Talking about its some of the best features ,It comes with 802.11 ac dual band wifi and is supportive with 802.11 ac devices and b/g/n wifi devices.It doesnt end here, it comes with extra antennas to give you smooth networking experience.It is provided with MU-MIMO (multiple input-multiple output) technology to extend your streamimg experience to multiple devices.It provides security features with Wifi protected access (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP.It works better with Microsoft, Internet Explorer5.0,Firefox 2.0 , Safari 1.4 and google chrome 11.0 browsers.
To install your extender using browser setup:
- Plug the extender into a power outlet and wait for the power LEDImage to become solid green.
- Use a Wi-Fi client (wireless computer, smart phone, or tablet) and connect to the NETGEAR_EXT wireless network (SSID).
Note: You can also use a wired computer to install the extender. Use an Ethernet cable and connect between the computer and the extender Ethernet port.
- Once the wireless client is connected to the extender network, the Device LED Image will turn on.
- Open an internet browser and go to http://www.mywifiext.net.
- Click NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
- Click WIFI RANGE EXTENDER.
- Select the Wi-Fi network that you would like to extend and click NEXT.
- Enter the wireless Password then click NEXT.
- Enter your preferred network name and security settings. Click NEXT.
- Connect your wireless device to the extender and click Continue.
- Your extender is now configured as a wireless range extender.
Netgear Ex6150 Setup – WPS Push Button
To set up your Nighthawk WiFi Extender using WPS:
- Power on the extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on Ex6150 to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear Ex6150 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during extender setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, give us a call at toll-free 1-855-844-0144.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network. Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
How to Configure FastLane Technology on Netgear Ex6150 Extender
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your Ex6150 extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Please follow these steps to configure FastLane Technology on your Netgear Extender:
- Connect your client device to the extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 Ghz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
In case you stuck at any step while enabling the FastLane Technology on your extender, don’t hesitate to contact the experts at 1-855-844-0144 for on-the-spot solution.
Common Issues During Netgear Ex6150 Setup
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- Mywifiext.net not working
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Netgear Extender not working
- Nighthawk Ex6150 – no internet
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear extender setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on Ex6150
- MAC address filtering errors
- Nighthawk Ex6150 not working failed update
- Can’t login to Netgear Ex6150 extender
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Ex6150 drops internet connectivity
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Internet connected but not working
Troubleshooting Netgear Ex6150 Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear EX3920 setup issues:
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just give us a call at 1-855-844-0144 and fix your extender setup issues.
How to Update Firmware on Netgear Extender?
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear Ex6150 Extender right away.Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of extender.So make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear range extender:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to the extender’s network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender firmware update properly.
EX6150 Extender Technical Specification
|Wifi Tech and Range||AC1200 Dual Band Range|
|WiFi Performance||AC1200 (300 Mbps + 900 Mbps)|
|WiFi Band||Dual Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz|