Setup for Netgear EX8000 Extender
Netgear’s EX8000 Tri-Band Range Extender offers a solution to increase your wifi range to an extent. It provides the same ultra-high bandwidth of Netgear’s X6S, as well as other powerful routers. Without sacrificing speed, you can extend the range to cover all dead-zone of your house or office.
A single Nighthawk X6S router has enough range to cover a 2500 square foot home comfortably. Netgear EX8000 extender has similar technology, and can cover the same range. However, using two won’t give you 5000 square feet of coverage.
On the back NETGEAR EX8000, you’ll find five separate Ethernet ports. Four of these are outputs, allowing you to connect your hardwired devices to the internet. One of them acts as a LAN port. The LAN port is designed to make the extender operate as an access point. This means that you connect it to a hard-wired network, producing an entirely new wireless network.
If you’re using Netgear EX8000 as an extender, the only wire you’ll need to connect is a network cable. Instead of Ethernet, the extender connects to your router through a dedicated backhaul channel. This is controlled through a 4×4 (also known as Quad MIMO) 5 GHz radio. What this means is that there is a dedicated channel on the 5 GHz network with four separate channels of communication.
NETGEAR shares the following features of the Netgear EX8000 extender.
- Extreme AC3000 WiFi speeds: for providing up to 3Gbps (1733+866+400).
- Smart Connect: for intelligently selecting the optimal WiFi band (5GHz or 2.4GHz)for every device.
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): for simultaneous streaming of data to multiple devices.
- Quad-core Processor: for boosting wireless and wired performance for better 4K streaming and lag-free gaming.
- Six (6) High-Performance Antennas: for providing optimal performance.
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet Ports: for connecting wired devices like game consoles, smart TVs, or multimedia streaming set-top boxes to your WiFi network.
- ReadySHARE USB Port: for connecting your USB printer to the USB 2.0 port WiFi Analytics App for Android devices: for optimizing your network status, signal strength, and channel interference.
Netgear EX8000 Setup – WPS Push Button
To set up your Nighthawk WiFi Extender using WPS:
- Power on the extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on EX8000 to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear EX8000 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during extender setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, give us a call at toll-free 1-855-844-0144.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network. Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
Netgear EX8000 Setup – Netgear Installation Assistant
To set up your extender using the Netgear installation assistant:
- Turn on your extender.
- Place the extender close to your WiFi router.
- After that, plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to light green.
- If the Power LED does not light, press the Power button.
- Connect a computer or mobile device to the extender using a WiFi or Ethernet connection:
- WiFi – On your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to the extender network. When your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device is connected to the extender, the Client LED lights solid white.
- Ethernet – Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device and enter www.mywifiext.net. If mywifiext.net not working on your device, contact our experts for quick help at toll-free 1-855-844-0144.
- The Netgear installation assistant displays.
- Follow the prompts to connect your extender to the existing WiFi network.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor WiFi signal.
- If you get no connection or a poor connection, move the extender closer to your router and try again until the Link Status LED lights white.
- After you find the best location for your extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
If you still can’t set up your Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 AC3000 Extender, get in touch with the experienced technicians at 1-855-844-0144 (Toll-Free).
How to Install My Extender Using the Netgear Nighthawk App?
Users can also use the Netgear Nighthawk app to install their WiFi range extender and connect to the internet. This app is available for both major platforms i.e. Android and iOS.Follow these steps to perform Netgear EX7700 Setup using the Netgear Nighthawk app:
- First of all, ensure that your router is connected to the internet.
- Note down the router’s SSID or network name and password.
- Now, turn on your Netgear extender.
- Download Nighthawk app on your Android or iOS device.
- Connect your mobile device to the Netgear_ext network.
- After that, open the Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps to set up your Netgear WiFi range extender and connect to the internet.
Still can’t setup your Netgear WiFi extender? Don’t worry! Call our knowledgeable and skilled technicians at toll-free +1-855-844-0144 and set up your extender in the comfort of your home.
How to Configure FastLane Technology on Netgear EX8000 Extender
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your EX8000 extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Please follow these steps to configure FastLane Technology on your Netgear Extender:
- Connect your client device to the extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 Ghz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
Common Issues During Netgear EX8000 Setup
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear extender setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Netgear Extender not working
- Nighthawk EX8000 – no internet
- Can’t login to Netgear EX8000 extender
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- EX8000 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on EX8000
- MAC address filtering errors
- Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Internet connected but not working
Fix all such issues within minimal time by calling the experts at toll-free 1-855-844-0144.
Troubleshooting Netgear EX8000 Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear EX8000 setup issues:
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
How to Update Firmware on Netgear Extender?
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear EX8000 Extender right away.Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of extender.So make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear range extender:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to the extender’s network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender firmware update properly.
That’s it! Your extender’s firmware has been updated. In the case of any difficulty, feel free to contact the experts at 1-855-844-0144 (24×7 Helpline).
EX8000 Extender Technical Specification